Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why I Carry a Gun

Why I Carry a Gun.....

My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every
man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps
and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place..

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

...author unknown (but obviously brilliant)


Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 feet per second.

No comments:

Post a Comment